Date: 17th May - 18th May 2019, 9:15 am – 4:30 pm
Venue: Centrum Djoj, Antony Duyklaan 5-7, 3051 HA Rotterdam, Netherlands
The years that children spend in school are precious, so let’s use them well and prepare our children for a world where appreciation of diversity and cross-cultural cooperation and living democratic values is key to a peaceful life on earth.
In this workshop we will focus on the role of the teacher
The role of a teacher contains a unique opportunity to inspire students through the way we lead the class. We can fill that role as a service to the group and inspire students to take on leadership as an opportunity to serve instead of an opportunity to dominate and oppress.
In this three days course we learn how to contribute to inner leadership in your students through your own inner leadership and presence. We offer an opportunity to further develop your skills in communication from a partnership paradigm.
The purpose of this workshop
To give teachers the skills needed in order to model and contribute to next generation being better prepared for a life in partnership instead of domination, a life in cooperation instead of competition, a life in peace instead of war. One key skill in this work is integrating solid nonviolent communication skills that enables us to build bridges instead of trenches.
The content of this workshop
During the three days we will work with the following topics:
- Get clearer on our own vision and dream for our work with students, so that we can develop practical steps we can take towards our dream.
- Practicing NVC in a balanced dialog, where the focus is on leading and to be led while maintaining grounding in needs.
- Get clarity about our own NVC-support system, so that we can meet our students with enough inner resources to welcome their inner leadership.
- Creating a plan for do-able next steps in implementing NVC values in our schools.
- Supporting and modeling a shift from polarization to appreciating our polarity. This requires us to be grounded in our own values while extending openness and curiosity toward others.
- Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the skills to go closer and get creative. We will introduce skills to handle differences without creating enemy images and polarization.
- Exploring possibilities in decision making in which all needs matter.
- Exploring how to make peace with the gap between our daily reality with its shortcomings and our long-term goals of a world that works for all.
- Participants will have the opportunity to work from own examples and learn how to contribute to development based on dialogue and cooperation.
- The content and form of the training are designed aligned with the vision of NVC. By modeling this vision in practice we hope to offer practical inspiration of ways to integrate this vision in your own practice.
Our dream is that our students:
- will leave school well equipped for participation in a democratic society.
- will feel safe, accepted as they are, and have the skills and capacity to welcome others as they are.
- will feel free to contribute.
- Vision for NVC in Education: to support youth in developing the understanding and skills necessary to be wise members of a global community and co-creators of a peaceful, just and sustainable world.
Spoken language is English. Exercises can be done in Dutch. Occasional translation is possible f.e. if you feel more comfortable in raising your question in Dutch.
Required experience: since this is a deepening training we ask you to have followed at least two days of NVC training oriented at a school setting.If you want to discuss your situation feel free to contact us.
Investment: €400 for individuals, €550 for independent professionals, €725 for schools (no VAT charged and including all materials, coffee/tea and lunch).
If you are looking for a place to stay nearby, the training location Djoj offers this at the ‘slaaphuis’ for €20 euro per night in a dorm room, breakfast included- for more information and/or to make a reservation, please contact Djoj directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or to subscribe you can call +31-10-4650068 or send an e-mail to Ingrid Bouland at mail.
Watch the 5 films “Culture of Peace in School with NVC”.